Sete Gibernau back to compete in MotoE

Sete Gibernau back to compete in MotoE

PONS Racing, led by Sito Pons, will be joined by Sete Gibernau in the new FIM Enel MotoE World Cup to be launched next season in 2019.


Sete Gibernau correrá en MotoE con Sito Pons



The Spanish rider Sete Gibernau, with eleven seasons in the highest category of motorcycling behind him and double runner-up in the world's premier class, will once again take on the 46-year-old monkey in the face of a new challenge in his sporting career alongside PONS Racing, a team with which he raced in 1995 in the 250cc class.







The new MotoE category is the first electric motorcycle competition recognised by the FIM and, in its first season, it will have five races and 18 riders, which will undoubtedly make the rider and team one of the protagonists of the new MotoE World Cup.

Here are a few words of sete after the announcement of his return: Of course, I never thought I would participate in a motorcycle championship again since I retired for good. But life always has surprises in store for you, after 10 years retired and without competing, here I am. I thank Sito for the opportunity he has given me to have insisted so much to convince me and make this new challenge in my life a new illusion, I will work hard to live up to the call of someone like Sito. I am especially excited to live and ride this new generation of electric motorcycles and put my grain of sand to its development and I can say that I will have ridden the three generations of motorcycles that have gone through the World Motorcycle Championship. The past of the two-strokes, the present of the four-strokes and the future of the electric ones


Comentarios